AirBarge Modular Systems
AirBarge Company supplies a modular system of standard load bearing platforms that float on air cushions. These standard AirBarge air casters can be installed on a variety of structural components including air pads, air cells, air tables, air pallets and air vans to provide virtually frictionless movement in any direction for loads of any size.
AirBarge air casters employ patented AirBarge air seals, a flexible wear foot mounted on the underside of a completely protected inflatable hanger. This inflated seal hanger does not come in contact with the surface over which the seal is operated so all wear is taken by the wear foot. This inexpensive wear foot can be replaced when necessary without replacing the remainder of the seal assembly.
- A number of alternate wear foot materials are available on special order to match different operating surfaces.
- AirBarges have been produced for efficient operation over surfaces ranging from smooth vinyl tile to weathered asphalt.
The family of standard air casters shown above is the foundation of the AirBarge modular System. Only six sizes of air casters are utilized to span the total load range.
- Durability: AirBarge air casters have a flexible, non-inflated, replaceable wear ring seal encompassing the lifting air cushion.
- Safety: AirBarge system prevents runaways on sloped surfaces or over-shoot of intended stopping point.
- Utility: AirBarge provides pallet jack function - pick up and move any size or any weight of skid-mounted load.
- Versatility: Operate AirBarge over a wide range of floor surfaces without causing seal damage.