Expansion in a number of directions
By introducing these new motor sizes, new gearboxes and custom control electronics, Crouzet has tripled the number of Brushless geared motor part numbers which can be created to suit customers’ requirements.
The new features concern:
· Power: the motor with 86 mm square cross-section delivers 205 W. It therefore extends the limits of the range and allows us to compete with 230 V asynchronous motors. The range is now suitable for applications in the machine tools sector (worm gear), power supplies for moulding machines, conveyor belts, etc.
The extra-low voltage supply also meets the needs expressed in the access control sector. The 24 VDC voltage also makes it easier to supply motors built into batterypowered mobile applications (motorised trolleys, robots, etc.). However, Crouzet Brushless motors can be supplied with a voltage up to 75 V. So their power can be increased proportionally.
· Torque: the new adaptable worm gearbox with the 205 W motor (86 mm wide) delivers a nominal torque of 20 Nm. Thanks to the range of planetary gearboxes proposed, the torque can be as much as 120 Nm. The 86 mm motor itself is capable of delivering 1.5 Nm continuous, directly at the shaft output! For some applications this makes it possible to do without the gearbox, thus increasing service life and reducing the cost of the function.
· Noise level: the motors with 42 mm (25 to 100 W) and 86 mm (205 W) square cross-section have a rotor with 8 poles (rather than the usual 4), which means that due to the onboard control electronics, the nominal speed of the motor can be halved, thus reducing the noise level. This feature is critical for applications in the medical sector and in office automation. The addition of worm gearboxes or use of the low noise option on the planetary gearboxes are ideal for these applications.
· Compact size: A new 28 mm diameter tubular motor is a direct response to the needs for integration in compact machines or sub-assemblies. It delivers power of 17.5 W.
· Control electronics: part of the market is currently asking for motors without integrated electronics. “This is why we’ve also chosen to design two external electronics systems; one better suited to use in production and the other more suited to tests conducted by our customers”, adds Michel Nicol.
The BDE30 electronics lends itself to quick assembly using connectors. It is optimized to prevent any wiring errors. The BDE40 model is suitable for prototypes, tests and pre-production, conducted by integrators. It can work on batteries, from 12 to 36 V and deliver 14 A. These two part numbers control the speed, torque and motor braking. They can take bespoke programs and thus integrate functions relating to the machine, without additional cost.
The expanded Brushless motors offer (21 standard families from 17.5 to 205 W and up to 120 Nm), combined with 25 years of expertise in the field of hardware and software adaptations, allows Crouzet to cut its lead times for delivery of a customised motor +gearbox + electronics sub-assembly. This helps integrators and OEMs reduce the time to market for their machines.
The extent of the range of Crouzet Brushless motors and their capacity to blend into an integrated mechatronics assembly, opens the way to numerous applications. “Expansion of the range is aimed at professional equipment for static functions such as motorized opening of a valve, or dynamic functions requiring speed, efficiency, power and quality in the Motion Control field”, says Philippe Ginss, Marketing Manager.
Brushless motors, with their associated control-command (whether built-in or not, such as Crouzet’s Millenium 3 logic controller), are mainly targeted at the following applications:
• Medical machines (dialysis machines, analysers, medical imaging, physiotherapy equipment, sterilisers, etc.)
• Renewable heat and energy systems (control of gas or water micro-valves, power supply for wood pellet boilers, orientable solar panels)
• Industrial process machines (offset printing, papermaking, plastic injection moulding, food processing, etc.)
• Public relations and advertising (automated scrolling advertising signs)
• Access control (automatic doors in buildings, lifts, rolling stock, industrial high-speed doors)
• Oil, gas, nuclear (motorisation of valves for fluids in severe environments)
• Other professional equipment (automatic pool cleaners, artificial snow making, postal sorting, machines for agriculture, etc.)
20,000 hour service life
Crouzet Brushless motors all incorporate ball bearings and are designed for a life of more than 20,000 hours.
(NB: The power ratings mentioned in this press release are given for a 24 VDC power